Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Year From Now


I did not made a New Year's resolution because they never stick for me. Birthday to birthday goals seem more interesting. My question is what kind of person do I want to be a year from now? Do I want to be a fit person? Do I want to be an organized person? This seemingly never ending sugar binge has me questioning my resolve. Should I totally eliminate sugar, and have monthly treats, yearly treats or no treats at all? Should I just go back on Weight Watchers and eliminate sugar as much as possible, eating only quality foods? I really am stuck. When I am so restricted, I totally flip out and start a rebellion. The problem is that I can't handle sugar, just like any addict. What to do...Yesterday was my birthday and my next year's gift to myself will be a healthier me who is fit for life. The blog says it is a journey. I wonder what is next on the path?! What do you think?

6 comments:

lee said...

i can understand your mind,don't mind,eat yourslf and say themself!

FatGirl said...

Totally denying yourself will lead to binges. I'm not addicted to fried foods but I allow myself to eat them in reasonable quantities every once in a while to satisfy my cravings for them. It seems to work. I think birthday to birthday goals are good; you are right about New Year's resolutions, they never stick. The "resolution crowd" at the gym is already thinning out and it's not even halfway through January!

Juice said...

I agree that no-sugar may not be realistic long term (same as the Atkins diet!). I've been trying to use my WW daily points for "real" food and only eat "junk" food with my activity points. It helps me stay in moderation. For what it's worth...
PS Looks like a spammer found your comments!

Anonymous said...

Dear Joy, I hope you can find what works for you. I do agree with the commenters about the total denial leading to binging.

Its almost a mystery to me that something worked for me. But the key concept that I had to find something that would work for the rest of my life is, I think, a big clue. So you know my big thing is chocolate chip cookies. And I never told myself I could NEVER have chocolate chip cookies. But the truth is, I SELDOM have a chocolate chip cookie. And that is really okay with me.

I think another key concept for you might be Miz's repeated suggestion to love yourself (see comments in my blog the last couple of days.) I wonder if you could start loving yourself by allowing yourself to get enough sleep?

Lyn said...

I think if sugar throws you off, then quit the sugar UNTIL you real goal. Then maybe, MAYBE if you can handle it, you can have it once in awhile on special occasions. Everyone is different. I threw out my entire sugar bowl a week ago because I couldnt handle having it around. I was putting it in my tea all day. You have to do what works for you!

Anonymous said...

Come back, Joy! We miss you. You Can Do This!