Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hop Scotch


My daughter and I were in the kitchen this morning and she was playing hopscotch on the ceramic tile floor. She wanted me to do it too. I thought, no prob! I am a playful mom! In my jammies, I hopscotched across the kitchen floor. All of a sudden, I heard a horrific sound! It was my fat flapping each time I jumped in my jammies in the squares. I am not sure that my daughter noticed, but it sure slowed down my hopscotch career. I had to play the visual in my head complete with sound effects. I am not one to ridicule myself for this weight, but this was gross! This fat is stopping me from being me. Have you ever had that kind of moment?

Maybe that moment will help me stop phoning in my goals. I did only two of the six. I did:
*cook something interesting
*stay sugar free

I did not:
*go to bed before 11:30
*clean up the kitchen before I relaxed
*computer off at 9
*take a tennis lesson

So, I am just going to add one thing-(other than no sugar and cook something interesting)
In bed by 12:00. If I can be successful with that, I can start to lower it.

Thanks again for your wise words!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joy, I got a big laugh out of the sound of flapping fat--man can I relate. I hate to say it, but I think I still hear that sound sometimes. Don't be horrified. I think its great that you play like that, and actually impressive that you CAN hopscotch--at least you're moving! Do you read Roni's blog--she wrote a great one about just moving more....

Lyn said...

Hey joy, my daughter loves to "hop the squares" too!

Thank you for leaving me that link to the free ebook on sugar cravings. I am going to print it out and read it. I think it'll help me :)

Juice said...

Ooh - I hate discovering how fat ruins my life. Like the time I discovered the extra bulge around my stomach. But use that sound to keep you pressing on towards the goal. And kudos for playing - it burns calories!

Mara said...

I have had that moment more than once. I was horrified to hear it also but I know it will be gone soon. Keep up the great work.

Mara
http://24stepstogo.blogspot.com/

Pubsgal said...

I can't resist hopscotch either. :-) I bet your daughter, like my kids, loved that you were playing hopscotch with her.

Good luck on your goal to get more sleep. I was reading the Zen Habits blog the other day, and their guest poster was talking about busting the sugar habit. He mentioned getting enough sleep, which I would not have thought of putting on the list. He mentioned it in the light of people having more sugar cravings at night. I can kind of relate to that, since the rare nights we stay up late and watch a movie on TV, I do get the munchies. (http://zenhabits.net/2008/10/beat-the-sugar-habit-3-steps-to-cut-sweets-mostly-out-of-your-life/)