Tuesday, June 24, 2008

One small step...

Today is the first real day back on program. I skipped breakfast (like usual) and went to Carl's Jr for lunch. As I pulled up to the drive through, thoughts in my mind were all about blowing off today and starting again tomorrow. I was thinking about some poor food choices that were tasty. I asked myself, "just for fun, what would be the best choice here?" I went with a chicken salad, non sweetened ice tea and a cookie. Usually, I would go for three cookies, get a chicken sandwich with bacon and cheese, and a squirt. I made the better choice and felt good. The cookie was CRAZY high in points! It was 8 points! The cookie wasn't even that good! I think I have to coach myself each meal to ask what would the be the better choice. It is almost is like parenting my four year old. "Would you like this choice or that choice? Would you like to keep your promise to yourself or not?" The rest of the day was on program and I do not feel deprived. My game plan for tomorrow is to not skip breakfast and follow the program. One small step for becomming smaller!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joy, glad to see you're back. I kept checking you, and today I said, well just delete her from your list, she's never coming back...and there you were. Your thought processes are some of the very same I went through when I first started w.w. Are you attending meetings? (for the encouragement and support and accountability.) Hey did I have a blog the last time I wrote to you? check it out if you want: http://debbyweighsin.wordpress.com/ When I wrote to you before, it just showed up as debby.