Sunday, June 22, 2008

Monday, June 23, 2008

So far, I have been trying to discover what will actually get me on the final path of sustained weightloss. Tomorrow, it all starts. Why tomorrow? Why not the first of July? That seems like a tidy start? It is kind of like when, in Harry Met Sally he says that when you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest of your life to start right now. I am ready. I first thought that July would be the start. Waiting felt like the same old procrastination/deprivation cycle. Pushing it back just a little bit, sounded good. I was thinking to myself, well when then? I actually started to get excited. What if I started on Monday? What if I could really do this! Why wait? Take Sunday to make sure I was well stocked with great food that would support this journey. A couple things gave me the confidence to feel like this will work:
* keeping my word to myself about giving up diet coke and mochas-I think that when you gain so much and keep breaking promises to yourself, deep down, you won't believe yourself when you start something new. Giving up mochas for 6 weeks seems like a trivial thing, but it really made me feel like I could give up other things. I could keep my promise. I could actually do this.
* starting to meditate-that will help me quiet my mind and focus. I downloaded some meditation podcasts. I need to quiet my mind and not stress eat.

Some challenges that I need to pick off are:
* trigger foods
* the all or nothing mentality.

I will work on those two for a bit. I will keep you posted!

No comments: