Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Keeping My Word to Myself

I think part of my struggle to make a permanent change in weightloss is that I have tried and failed so many times that I don't quite believe that I can go the distance. One thing I am trying to do is to make small changes and keep my promise. One thing I started with, was giving up Diet Coke because of the toxic aspertame. I have done a really good job with that and have not had a Diet Coke for about three months. For the past few days I have been in Seattle for work where ice cold Diet Coke is everywhere. It would have been very easy to slip up. I have kept my promise to myself. I have a tad more confidence that I can try another thing. I have not had my sugar fest morning caramel mocciatto (sp) for the past few days and I have not really missed it. I spend over $1,3oo.00 on coffee each year. think of that in terms of clothes that I could have had with that money! Isn't that CRAZY! I think I could be fine with tea, like a good green tea. So, that is it-my next promise to myself. No coffee drinks. I will keep ya posted!

2 comments:

debby said...

Go Joy! That is exactly the way to change how you are living for the rest of your life. One thing at a time. And I always marvel at how many different ways there are for people to lose the pounds. Its different for everybody. The two things you are giving up are things I haven't given up yet! I still have one diet coke a day, and still have coffee every morning, and when I am out, I like my Starbucks. I used to tell myself that I was doing great because I just got regular coffee instead of the mixed drinks. But about a year ago I had to admit to myself that the reason I liked coffee was because I still put half and half in it. I can't do without it, but now I count it for one point.

Anonymous said...

Hey Joy, I started a blog. Check it out if you want. I'm not too good at the workings of a blog yet, but I guess I'll learn.