Sunday, May 4, 2008

Not So Great Eight...

I am still not there to sustain any motivation. It is crazy! I am a smart person. I have a great career. I have every aspect of my life going well. I don't want to start and then quit again. I can't do it to myself not to follow through with this weightloss issue. I feel like I am in a sea of behaviors that I am unwilling to fix for some reason. Here are eight patterns that I need to fix:
* an all or nothing attitude
* sugar addiction
* not enough sleep because I refuse to go to bed at a reasonable time
* refusal to be deprived
* allowing trigger foods in the house
* procrastination
* lack of exercise
* unable to stick to plan
Where do I start? Do I take one thing at a time or do I go full force. Advice??! I have to get this handled!

1 comment:

debby said...

Hi again Joy, Maybe do one thing at a time. I know I changed the way I ate very gradually. For example, I love chocolate, and most of all I love choc. chip cookies. So, I thought, what am I going to do? Well the cookies were out, but they said dark chocolate was good for you. So I found the best tasting dark chocolate I could find, and at first I saved enough points so that I could have a whole bar every day if I wanted to. Then I cut it to half a bar, and now I can savor a small piece (1 points worth) and be satisfied. I still can't be trusted around chocolate chip cookies.

The experts say you can't MAINTAIN weight loss without exercising, but you can certainly lose most of the weight you need to without exercising. I know plenty of examples of this.

Refusal to be deprived was and is a big thing for me. I love good food. But when I started, I just kept thinking, there has to be a way to fix GOOD food that is healthy. So I indulged myself by buying lots of different things to try. I tried lots of new recipes, many of which became 'chicken food' meaning there was no way I was going to eat that stuff, I fed it to my chickens! But along the way I discovered some absolutely fantastic new foods and new ways of cooking.

I also believe from all I've read by the experts (NOT Weight watchers) that journaling what you eat and being accountable to others is really important for successful weight loss. Of course this points back to the weight watchers program. Well, enough for now. Let me know if I can help you.