Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Small Changes

So I started this blog to document what it is like before the motivation to finally lose the weight once and for all. I am interested in what finally does the trick because I have been down this road, one, too many times ever take this journey again. I am at the point that I don't quite believe that I can actually do it. I decided to make some small changes that do not feel like complete deprivation, yet would make a difference. The most important thing for me is, to build trust in myself again to mean what I say regarding my focus on health. In all other areas, I keep my word to myself. This ONE area in my buggaboo!




Small change number one, was to get off all diet drinks containing Aspartame. I have successfully done that and really do not miss it, except for going to the movies. The much more difficult small change was giving up my Starbucks extra caramel, Caramel Macchiato. I have had a headache from caffeine withdrawl for about a week. My headache is better today. It took all of my strength not to just pull over and order my 39 gram, 300 calorie, $3.80 drink! I did the math and I was spending over $100.00 a month on this stuff! That is over 1k a year! That is 2,100 calories a week, 8,400 calories a month. I have really been proud of myself for keeping my word. Knowing that I am accountable for my blog helps too. Besides, with these gas prices, I will need the extra dough to fill up my car.

No comments: