Thursday, February 19, 2009

Still On Track!

Here is a quick update...I am still doing fine. This is day three of no sugar and I am okay. I am really stressed about work and I am excited that I am not making an excuse to throw out what is most important to me. I am going to weigh on Tuesdays and post the weight regularly. So far, I am losing. I am eating enough fruit to help me not feel too deprived (we all know what happens if I go down that road!!). I may let myself have a bit of diet coke or a sugar free mocha every now and then. Still have the headache, but that is more of a stress problem. This weekend, I am going to get on my elliptical and crank the itunes. I look forward to leaving that stress on the elliptical, instead of on my thighs. That is how I have to look at this. I am not going to let it take over. Where do you leave your stress?

10 comments:

Pubsgal said...

Way to go!!! I hope you're having a great weekend!

debby said...

Hi Joy, stress has been a major player in my life and on my blog in the past few weeks! Surprisingly to me, my eating has not suffered. Am I finally growing up?

Juice said...

Great attitude! Glad to see you refocused - I'm hoping it will rub off on me. ;)

Meg said...

Wow! I'm so amazed by everyone that is able to do this "no added sugar" thing! I'm even more amazed that you've been able to stick to it even though your stressed. Stress is often the source of the derailment of my resolutions. I keep my stress in my hips ^_~
-Meg

Pubsgal said...

Joy, you still around? We miss you!

FatGirl said...

How's it going Joy????

SeaShore said...

Just checking in! Hope all is well with you.

FatGirl said...

Update please!

debby said...

Joy! I saw your comment on Lynn's blog and was glad to hear from you, even second hand!
How are you? Have a wonderful Christmas.

~HoneyB~ said...

First off great blog! :) With 7 kids and a hubby stress is something I deal with (or don't deal with enough in the right way!) often. I used to go on wild eating binges, devouring everything in my path but now I have switched to knitting. I know still sedentary, I have to get off my but and leave it while I'm walking! thanks for the inspiration to handle stressful situations in a way that will be a benefit :)