Saturday, July 19, 2008

Deep Down, I Know What I Have To Do!

I have been messing around and really not done a good job on WW at all. It is for one simple reason, I CANNOT MANAGE MY SUGAR! I keep telling myself that I will get back on the wagon. I will do better with points. The bottom line is that unless I eliminate sugar, I will always battle the addiction. It will always sabotage my success. During the last few days, I have been doing a lot of reading about how to remove sugar from my diet. There are lots of ideas out there. I have found two very interesting points of view that I am investigating. I know that right now, even a little bit of sugar makes me nutty. It has ruined my reproductive health (PCOS), and caused a huge weight gain. The truth is that sugar is not my friend. Unfortunately, it sure soothes me. My daughter just had a challenging time going to bed and was testing. What did I do, polish off ice cream. It calmed me down. Most normal folks don't abuse sugar the way I do. I need it after almost every meal. I had most of my junk out of the house and I was rummaging through my daughters old Halloween candy leftovers that nobody likes (including me), but it was a fix, in a pinch. I have gone off of sugar before cold turkey and it was HORRIBLE! This time, I have a plan. It is going to be filled with a different type of comfort. I am going to dedicate days to deal with the pain of it all. Summer is a perfect time to do this. I am aiming for Wednesday of next week. I will keep you posted with the details to follow.

3 comments:

WWSuzi said...

I've had to do the same thing! It has taken a while but it definitely helps with my cravings! Don't give up on finding a solution that's good for you and manageable.

Deb said...

That empty ice cream container sure looks familiar to me. For me, it's Ben and Jerry's though. Chocolate Fudge Brownie, to be specific.

I go back and forth between thinking I need to ban all sugar or not. On one hand, the more I eat the more I tend to want. On the other, any time I have ever said I can't have any of something it makes me obsessively want to have it.

It's hard to figure out the right thing to do. All we can do is keep learning and trying. Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Joy. I have a good friend (who is also an extremely intelligent woman,) who felt like sugar was an addiction for her, and she actually went through overeaters anonymous, and eliminated all sugar from her diet. She still sticks to that, and is a very physically fit person now.