Friday, July 11, 2008

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

I was reading Lynn's blog about disappointment and how she just felt the feelings and did not eat through them. That is something that I struggle with from time to time. Today, I had a stressful mommy day and I simply went to my drug, food, to calm me. I did not over do it and still ate within my points, but it was deliberate. Had I just become calm and felt the irritation, I would have been better able soothe without food. That was the ugly. The "bad "was that I did not really plan well for my food today and am tempted to eat something late at night. I will try to work thorough that feeling. The good was that I made healthier food choices for dinner. I had spinach linguini with turkey spaghetti sauce, organic salad and whole grain bread. In the old days, I would have gone off the deep eating abiss because of the earlier stress of the day. I was pleased about that. My next goal is to clean out the excess in my cupboards. I don't know what is shoved behind food and I am not completely centered for planning. Keep you posted!

1 comment:

debby said...

I am so excited for you, Joy. It sounds like you are on the right track, thinking about what you are doing, making choices, going right back on if you have a lapse, thinking again. That is the process day after day. Congratulations.