Monday, July 28, 2008

Preparation S
















Monday is the day I give up sugar (at least until Christmas Eve and Christmas Day). As you know, I have been preparing for this undertaking. I finally made peace with the fact that I do not "do" sugar like most people and it does not "do" me like it does other people. Sugar took my fertility. That alone should be reason enough to dump this "so called friend." My PCOS is largely related to sugar and is a vicious cycle.

I am finally in the acceptance stage that I can no longer fool myself that sugar can be in my life. I have taken several days to research the best way to remove it. I have read books, blogs and really though about what to do. Two excellent resources were a blog called: My Sugar Shock Story http://www.vanadia.com/stopbeingsweet/about/ and an amazing blog devoted to thinking about our personal balance called http://www.firstourselves.com/ Karly Randolph Pitman wrote the best ibook called Overcoming Sugar Addiction. Every paragraph had something important to say. I feel like now I have a good idea about what to do to finally get a grip about how I want to live the rest of my life. I started to remove sugar from the house. I just tossed it all in the trash! Then I went to Whole Foods to get some really great non sugar foods that are healthy. I had a farewell sugar cavalcade today. I really didn't even like it. I was shoveling in sugar for the sake of shoveling in sugar on my last day. Not very satisfying at all. I can't wait to start this. If you have read my blog, this is a huge step. I have made a very detailed plan of my day to include snacks and exercise/yoga. Speaking of Yoga, I got a DVD of "Yoga Just My Size" and it seems great. I really want to do Yoga but was always too out of shape to even attempt it. Yoga is just one aspect of my new nuturing ways. I bought a great salt scrub and will make two massage appointments. One massage after the first seven days and then after 21 days. I have water aerobics scheduled for next week. I will let you know how all of this goes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, JOY, THIS IS HUGE! IF YOU CAN REALLY DO THIS, I BET THE WEIGHT WILL JUST FALL OFF OF YOU. GOOD FOR YOU ON YOUR THOUGHTFUL PREPARATION FOR THIS.

I TRIED YOGA ONCE BEFORE I LOST WEIGHT (OPRAH HAD IT ON HER SHOW) AND I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW GOOD IT MADE ME FEEL. I STILL DO IT SOMETIMES WITH A TAPE I HAVE.

KEEP US POSTED

Joy's Journey in Weightloss said...

Thanks Debby! I just did Yoga for the first time and got through a bit of it. I fell and hurt my knees, so I can't do some of the poses. I feel so good even doing some of it. Thank you for checking in on my blog!!