Sunday, August 10, 2008

Goin' With the Flow!


I mentioned that I put on the dreaded swim suit and braved the water park with my daughter. Here is our favorite area, "the river." I have done an inner tube river before at Disney, but this one was different because you are propelled without a floaty. It is just you and some powerful water jets. The turns are really fun because it whirls you around really fast and you feel a bit out of control. You just have to let go and enjoy the flow. The water is only waist deep and you can walk the river, if you don't want to go let go.
Right now, as I start my third week living sugar free, I feel like I am on one of the turns on the river. It is actually fun because I am just going with the acceptance that this is what has to happen. I don't miss chocolate right now, which is a huge miracle. Before, I would be a crazy person if I did not have several chocolate options available to me if I was stressed, sad, happy or just fine. To navigate the "rapids," (sorry, I could not resist)I have to have a few things in place:
* I have to have a meal plan together
* Make sure I have lots of healthy food choices available in my kitchen
* I cannot over do agave nectar or it will turn into another sugar addiction
* I have to eat foods that do not feel like deprivation
* Make sure I don't wig out if the scale is up a bit after the big loss.
* Embrace the journey because there will be ups and downs.
* Don't fail to plan so you don't plan to fail.
For the first time in YEARS, I am excited about the fact that I can actually do this. I have hope. Before, I never quite believed myself because I tried so many times. I know that I built my confidence with small victories like giving up mochas and diet coke. Right now, I am going to let go and be in the moment.
* It is not about perfection.

2 comments:

WWSuzi said...

Awesome post! And i agree with all the points you made. Especially about perfection ;) Have a great day!!

FatGirl said...

Good luck with going sugar free! I'm trying it too and it's not easy. :-(