Saturday, August 23, 2008

Planning Ahead

I am getting ready to go to my staff retreat tomorrow and I am really planning ahead so that I have options for sugar free food. It is a camp like atmosphere with food made from scratch. It is delicious, but dangerous for my new sugar free way to be. Tomorrow morning, I am going to make an oat bran muffin recipe that is only sweetened with a banana. I can tolerate fruit because it does not seem to spike my blood sugar and make me go crazy for sugar. I will enjoy some tea and a muffin, as opposed to a huge stack of homemade buttermilk pancakes. Their cinnamon rolls are another story!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmmm. I need to get a good replacement for that, stat!

3 comments:

WWSuzi said...

I made some interesting pancakes today that wouldn't spike your sugar.
i took 1/4c oatmeal, 1/4 c fibre one and zapped it until it was a fine flour i add a bit of baking powder, sweetner, and egg whites for protein.
Cooked them up like pancakes and topped it with warm blueberry sauce which was just blueberries, a tad of water boiled and added a bit of cornstarch! mmmmm.....

Joy's Journey in Weightloss said...

That recipe sounds great! I will try it!! How much baking powder?
Thanks for the recipe!!

Mara said...

Good luck and keep focused it is hard but know it will be worth it in the end. Keep us posted.

Mara
http://24stepstogo.blogspot.com/