Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Body Reboot

My body is out of whack! I had not had a period for over two years because of the huge quantities of sugar I was ingesting, and the fact that I have PCOS. I got my period a few weeks ago for the first time in two years and it came back today! That is nutty. My body is trying to get back to homeostasis. I think that is why I have been craving so much fruit sugar. My hormones are in shock and awe that they are not under sugar siege. I think my 1lb gain will be taken care of when my body chills. Maybe I won't need to freak about my fruit overload. Do you ever feel like your body needs to reboot?

.

2 comments:

Mara said...

I feel that way all the time. But I did not have a period for over 3 years and when I started on my journey of losing weight and exercising I actually got mine and it is on track as of today. It takes time for your body to catch up with you. Hang in there!

Mara
http://24stepstogo.blogspot.com/

Pubsgal said...

I didn't have to deal with PCOS, but I know my body felt rebooted after I started out. (I also noticed that my periods weren't as bad after I started eating better and exercising.)

Oh--and I notice that my weight loss slows up during PMS time, so that might account for your being up a pound. Keep us posted!