Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Night Owl


I don't know what my "deal" is, but I am not going to bed at a reasonable time. I never have! I just love, love, LOVE staying up late. I get a burst of energy and get some things done but I also just WASTE unbelievable time on the computer or t.v. Then, I don't get centered in my life because I am too tired to take care of things that need attention like the huge pile of laundry that I have left. I have someone come to clean once a week and my room has been such a disaster that I have told her to skip it (you would think that if I had someone in to clean, I would be centered). If I am not centered, I do not cook, I choose to eat out or pick up food that is not as healthy. I have wasted a lot of food in my fridge that way. Also, I am too tired to get on the dusty elliptical. So, I have tackled my most difficult challenge-sugar, but getting enough sleep is right up there. Maybe it is my most difficult challenge. So, here is my new deal...today, I am going to get centered for the week. I will go to bed no later than 11:30 and work out just two days this week. What are you going to do to get centered for this week?

2 comments:

Lyn said...

I was a night owl too, until I hit about 35 and had my last child. Now I am so exhausted I literally amd dropping asleep by 11:30.

I wanted to thank you for your comments on my blog, and I was going to email you but couldn't find a contact email. Maybe you can drop me a line? Lyn2007 at att dot net!

Pubsgal said...

What am I doing to do? I'm going to come on over and bug you to do another post! We've missed ya! I'm assuming you've been getting sleep rather than keeping us all posted? Hmmm? ;-)

Actually, I know what you mean. Like Lyn, my night-owl tendencies are dwindling, but it seems like (with kids) the only time I can get some "me" time these days...either that, or early a.m., which I'm using for running, so it's booked. I'd normally not be running at that time, but if I don't do it then, it doesn't get done, and I'm getting really attached to feeling like I've accomplished *something* at the beginning of the day...then I get spend the rest of the day bragging about it and being insufferable...just kidding...I hope!