Sunday, September 7, 2008

PF CHANGE


I love PF Chang's Chinese food restaurant. I have not been there is a few months and so today I thought I would try it out while maintaining my sugar free lifestyle. It took me 20 minutes to try to find something I could order. Before, I had the orange peel shrimp, dessert, lettuce wraps, maybe honey glazed chicken...etc. I thought lettuce wraps might be safe. Nope-tons of sugar. Kung Po chicken? Nope. Nada. There was absolutely nothing I could eat except for a chicken chopped salad (I was not in a fish mood). Having a chicken salad at PF Chang's is not my idea of an exciting meal. I ordered it with my sugarless ice tea, brown rice and vegetarian egg roll without the yummy, sugary sauce. The chicken was like sandpaper, it was so dry. Their honey chicken was sooooooooooo juicy!! When the meal was over and my family had their delicious entrees, I actually felt satisfied that I keep my promise to myself. It felt better than any orange peeled shrimp ever tasted. What favorite food have you given up lately to support your health goal?

5 comments:

carla said...

for some reason I ADORE THE CHANGS.

even eating healthy (for me it's the steamed veggies and shrimp. FRIGGING FAB with somesoy sauce splashed on top...gotta have ONE vice :))

as I lost weight I shifted to the eating out being about NOT having to chop or steam or DO myself.

love it.

great post.

MizFit

Mara said...

Spaghetti.....It is my all time favorite. I have not had any for 3months and I don't really miss it just think it about a lot. ha . You should be very proud of yourself.

Mara
http://24stepstogo.blogspot.com/

Pubsgal said...

Gelato! I used to have a little when picking up the Friday night pizza, partly because I loooove it and partly because I like the gal who runs the shop and want her to be successful. But last time I was picking up pizza, and stopped the shop and had hot tea instead. Not the same, but like you, liked feeling that I could go there and not feel compelled to get it.

I love Chinese food too, especially anything with that orange sauce! Oh well...I don't know if they have Thai or Indian places near you, but they're a good source for highly flavorful foods.

I like that perspective, MizFit: less about eating something particular, more about someone else doing all the food prep work!

Lyn said...

For me the giving up has been about BREAD. I am SUCH a bread-a-holic!! I used to eat loaves, warm with butter. I cannot be normal with bread. Moderation goes out the window. So I rarely eat it anymore (except wheat bread sometimes which doesn'r seem to affect me that way).

Yeah, I adore the Oolong Sea Bass at PF Changs, but since you weren't in a fish mood, that wouldn't work. I have seen their Buddha's Feast and it looks really good but I haven't tried it. The curried veggies and tofu are great :) I skip the rice. They do have brown rice there though.

WTG sticking to your plan!

Lost Half of Me said...

I have mostly given up pasta. We used to eat a ton of it...probably literally! Once in a blue moon I'll have a taste of a pasta dish I make for my girls, but I no longer get it at buffets, I don't make it for myself, and I don't order it at restaurants. The funny thing is that in spite of how much I used to eat it, I really don't miss it that much. Now sweets are another story. We all know those have to be limited to lose weight and I definitely have...but boy it can be hard! lol