Sunday, September 21, 2008

Diet Coke

I have been off of Diet Coke for several months now until today. I went to see the movie, The Women, and I forgot my contraband fruit juice. I decided to just have a Diet Coke. It was better than a sugary drink (except for the horrific chemicals). In the past, I would have taken having the Diet Coke and an excuse to go "all or nothing" on myself. Having it was such a non issue. It was a watered down version of Diet Coke and it did not open the flood gates of unhealthy eating. I won't have another one for a long time. I did not die because I had one. It is okay. I know it sounds ridiculous to go on about a can of diet soda. I am happy that I am starting to manage my all or nothing former way of being with food.

I had written in a post about my over doing of fruit and that appears to be over too. I think it did relate to PMS. Since I had not had a period for so long, I did not remember how much my cravings went bonkers.

My terrible scale is about ready to hit the trash. If I step on the scale with one foot, it is 282, if I step with the other foot, the scale says 287. Weird. I have no idea which one is correct. This week, I am going to either stop weighing except at a friend's house once a week, or just deal with my scale and keep watching the trend of weight loss forgetting about an actual number. What do you think?

2 comments:

working at it said...

I'm all for not weighing at all. No..just kidding. I just have a problem getting on the scale. I say congrats for hitting a movie and having a diet coke. That's really awesome. I have diet sodas as a treat. I love diet orange crush or a diet root beer. I still drink lots of water so hopefully it all balances. It's better than the alternative. Way to go.

Pubsgal said...

Ugh, I know what you mean about scales. My current scale always shifts up from zero after I weigh. So I usually just set it to zero, step on it once, and am done with it. I know it's pretty accurate, though, because it's not far off from the doctor's and diabetes educators' scales.

I like your idea to weigh once a week at a friend's house, that's a good idea.

We had a digital scale previously. It did the same thing you're describing, and that drove me nuts! I wasn't visiting doctors much those days, and when I went in for a checkup, I found out that I weighed 20 pounds more than our scale was showing! Ack!!!

Congrats on the movie and the Diet Coke! We went bowling about a month after I started my "clean eating," (which included no sodas), and drank a bunch of Diet Pepsi. I, too, would probably have regarded that as a "here I go again" moment, but nope, it didn't trigger wanting more & more. Whew!